Saturday, April 23, 2011

The Adventure Continues

Do you have a dream that you think is too silly so you don't pursue it or tell anybody about it?  Do you have a tendency towards a style of art, a hobby, or a particular genre of music or books but you think people will look at you funny if they knew?  Do you have a wild, quirky person inside?

WHO CARES?

God does.  He made each of us just the way He needs us to be.  I know that I don't often live my life believing this, but I hope that you do and I pray that we will all strive to improve in this area together...unless of course, you've already got it nailed down and perfected.

I was sitting in church one day and I had a navy blue purse with a lot of silver "bling" on it.  After services, a friend of mine leaned over the pew and was somewhat surprised that I would have a purse that was so embellished, and not the least bit conservative.  She learned a little more about me that day, and I learned that while my inner person selected the purse based on the way God created me - I wasn't doing a very good job of letting people know who I really was inside.

I have had dreams of being a successful artist - the medium changes, but I want to be creative for a profession.  I love bright, vivid colors that remind me of wonderful far off lands.  I laugh big when you hear me laugh.  I love big when you see me love.  I cry big when I allow it.  I dream big but don't share it.  Some of my favorite people in the world are some relatives from the next generation above me, or two.  They are not small in their life, love, laughter or dreams.  I want to be more like them.  They have allowed themselves to live the life God created for them.  They serve God by being themselves - the same one on the inside and the outside.

So, now I ask you...would it surprise you to find out my Adventure Gang Character is...




One More Thing...

Who are you on the inside?

Take care, and I'm always here to listen, pray for you, or to encourage you.
Lois Lynn

1 comment:

Dana said...

Doesn't surprise me at all...but I already knew it. I'm also blessed to know the crazy, creative side of you. XO