Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Funky Farm


Have you ever had one of those days?  Weeks?  Months?  Seasons?  Years?



I took this picture a couple of years ago on a day trip.  Was it beautiful there?  Not so much.  Was this going to be the photo that made me famous?  Nope.  Was I going to make millions of dollars from this shot?  Ha!  It's not even a "perfect" photo - it's a little crooked, it doesn't follow the rule of thirds, it's too dark, there's too much background detail, and it's a bit distracting.

So you might be asking why I took the photo if it wasn't so amazing - what purpose does it serve?  Much less, why on earth is it being featured in a blog?  Well...it makes me laugh! 

We've heard the phrase "Funny Farm", but I just love the word "funky".  That word makes me smile, it makes me dream, it makes me want to be creative. It also reminds me of life - real life. 

When I looked up the definition, there were more than I realized and they weren't all wonderful.  Two of my favorites:


  • Characterized by originality and modishness; unconventional
  • Earthy and uncomplicated; natural

The first one is what I usually think of when I use the word funky (if I'm not talking about a funky smell) but I am growing to love the second one also.  Oh, if we could all be a little funkier - wouldn't life be fun?  Certainly more exciting and less predictable, and maybe a tad more relaxed as well.


One More Thing...

What will you do this week to embrace your funky?

Take care, and I'm always here to pray for you or simply to connect with.

Lois Lynn

No comments: