Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Miss Me?

Do you remember that last post about "Conquering the Cluttered Room"?  I need to revise the goal I asked you to hold me accountable to, as there's been a slight detour.  That wonderfully inspiring room painted to bring me to the right attitude...is no longer the craft room.

You see, we inherited a trundle daybed I've had my eye on my entire life from my grandparents' estate.  There is one place in my little house where it would fit so the "craft room" has now become the "guest room".  In other words, it's where Mom and Dad stay when they visit.

Do I throw in the towel on the idea of being creative?  NO!  I took a little tiny corner of the basement that was the office area, turned it around, stuffed some weird little tables in there and deemed it the new "Art Studio Workshop" - catchy, huh?  I am expecting that with a title like that, it's going to be the home of great things.  :-)

There have been a few bumps in setting all of this up.  We tried to move a couch from upstairs down to the basement (oh, that's where the Art Studio Workshop is) but it didn't fit through the stairwell.  We tried different tables but they were all too big.  Now, without any furniture to speak of to sit on, it looks like the TV area has plenty of room for all of those tables that were too big.

One More Thing...

Does it take much to throw you off track and stop your momentum?  Or, are you good at perseverance?  What do you tell yourself to keep you going?

Take care, and I'm always here to pray for you or simply to connect with.

Lois Lynn

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can get off track pretty fast.....but doesn't take much to get me back on track. Training for my marathon and raising money has had many ups and down......to many for me.
I want to see some before and after photos.
Luci

Kris said...

I often have too many irons in the fire-That is usually what stops me in my tracks. In fact, I have a pair of polar fleece jammie pants that need elastic....and they will be finished. But, so many other things got in the way!

Anonymous said...

I am quite good at the procrastination thing and defeat easily.