Monday, July 11, 2011

Sharing My Friends

I'm taking a different approach today.  First, a little bit of "business".  I appreciate every one of you that chooses to spend a few minutes with my blog each week.  I do want to remind those of you that follow via e-mail that the message you receive only shows you the writing portion of the blog, but there are several other things that I include from time to time, like pictures, links to outside information, my Etsy store, etc. so please take a moment to go to the actual blog website if you can and not just read the e-mail message.  If you go to the blog, you also have the option of posting a comment, even if you are not signed into that account - you can use anonymous...but, please, tell me who you are at the end.

For the next few posts, I'll include the link here so you can simply select that link.
http://loislynndesigns.blogspot.com/

Now, on to the fun stuff!

I have some really interesting people in my life and I want to take today's blog space to share a couple of them with you.  They have not asked me to do this, I simply want to share their stories with you to allow you to meet them.

The first one is a friend of mine from church who began a mission to train for a marathon while raising funds to battle cancer.  Her dad was battling this disease and has passed while she's been in training.  I'm inserting a quote from her first post below and the link to her page so you can read her story and support her.

I'm training to participate in the Nike Women's Marathon as a member of The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's (LLS) Team In Training. All of us on Team In Training are raising funds to help stop leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin lymphoma, and myeloma from taking more lives. I am completing this event in honor of all individuals who are battling blood cancers. These people are the real heroes on our team, and we need your support to cross the ultimate finish line - a cure!

Luci Smith's Racing To Save Lives



The second person I'd like to introduce you to is Ron Heaggy.  I heard Ron speak at our church, but did not get to meet him.  His positive attitude made an impact on me, even without directly meeting him.  He received an unusual birthday present for his 18th birthday - a paralyzed body. 

I'm including the opening statement from his website below and a link below that.  Don't forget to go look through his art and blog as well.  His art is great, but amazing when you read how he does it!  Not only just by mouth, but he turns it over halfway through and connects the picture while painting half of it as an upside-down image.  This just blew me away!  Enjoy meeting Ron. 

I also want to share that due to some recent health issues, he's not been able to speak as often and therefore his income level is dramatically reduced.  If you are touched by his NEVER GIVE UP attitude, I'd love to point out his links to donate and support the family and/or the ministry.

Hi, I'm Ron Heagy and welcome to my website. I broke my neck the day before my 18th birthday in a surfing accident. I am now a quadriplegic, paralyzed from the neck down. I chose to Never Give Up. After receiving a masters degree by typing with a stick in my teeth, I am now an inspirational speaker, mouth painter, author, husband, father, and founder of a special needs camp located in Oregon, which has given freedom to numerous individuals to explore the wonderful outdoors. I am also the founder of Life Is An Attitude LLC.

Ron Heagy (Roll on Ron)


I hope you enjoy your time looking through their pages.  These friends are inspiring to me and I hope they inspire you.  May we all live, laugh and learn from them.

2 comments:

Kris said...

Great people! Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Those were fantastic paintings.