Thursday, July 28, 2011

A Laugh By Any Name

If you received this via e-mail, click here to see my blog...in it's entirety,with photos.



Giggle.  Smile.  Guffaw.  Snort.  Chortle.  Man-laugh.  Squeal.

I don't care what kind of laugh you have, but I hope you laugh often.  It's my opinion that most of us don't laugh enough and we don't laugh without editing ourselves.  Oh, you know what I mean. 

When was the last time you almost lost control from laughing so hard?  How long has it been since you threw your head back and just roared with laughter?  Do you try to maintain a sweet little laugh, but if you were to be honest, you would snort and cry from laughing so hard?

I dare you - let it out!  The world needs more laughter.  If you laugh out loud at movies or TV shows, invite a friend over to laugh with you.

Do you have friends that make you laugh?  Do they tell funny jokes, or is it simply that they are filled with such joy and wonder that time with them seems to always include an element that brings laughter?  Do you reach the point when almost everything becomes funny?

I'm fortunate to have some friends like that, and I get to spend a lot of time laughing with them.  I try to fill my life with people that make me laugh and have the ability to laugh with me.  Life's too short to be miserable.

A particular joy for me is to go out to lunch with friends and have so much fun laughing and sharing stories that we appear to be intoxicated!  I love to watch the people around us slowly become a part of our happiness.

In Spring 2010, I was able to return to my hometown and gather with most of "the cousins", a loose term meaning "the most wonderful, laugh-filled women I know and I happen to be related to them".  There are cousins, aunts, nieces, moms, daughters, etc. in this gathering but we call that group "The Cousins".  I miss them.  I want to grow up to be just like them - they laugh, a LOT and they will never, ever grow up.

NOTE: In the photo, we are actually missing several, but this picture caught the spirit of the day so well.  It is difficult to corral a group of such giddiness, but here's a few of my great family members.

One More Thing...

When was the last time you laughed uncontrollably?  Who were you with?  What were you doing?  Funny stories being told, or just good times together?

I hope you laugh.

Take care, and I'm always here to pray for you or simply to connect with.

Lois Lynn

1 comment:

Dana said...

Love this...and love to laugh.