Monday, February 13, 2012

Gonna Make It

Fame.  The Voice.  The Mary Tyler Moore Show.  Smash.  America's Got Talent. The list could go on easily.

America seems to be quite enthralled with television shows and/or movies about finding our dream and making it big.  I can't even begin the list of songs that follow this same theme.  I actually have a playlist on my iPod titled "You Can Do It".

My husband and I are addicted to The Voice and it is so touching to watch these people putting themselves out there and giving it everything they have.  This is their passion, it's all they want in life - and they go for it with every fiber of their being.  Then the chairs turn around and their confidence soars!  It's so exhilarating - I cheer, I cry.  I do it all over again with the next contestant.

Why do we watch others pursue things they want but so few of us make the effort?  What is holding you back?  Is it fear of failing or fear of succeeding?  Maybe it's fear of what people will think about your dream?

We recently watched a documentary about Frank Lloyd Wright - another inspirational story about following your own passions regardless of what people think.

One More Thing...
Do you have someone in your life that pushes you to pursue something from your wildest dreams?

Take care, and I'm always here to pray for you or simply to connect with.

Lois Lynn
The Voice on NBC
Smash on NBC

No comments: