Monday, February 20, 2012

Receiving Encouragement

Do you spend your days feeling more encouraged or discouraged? Do you mostly give encouragement, receive it, or is it a balance of both?

There are countless ways to encourage people, but we each receive it differently.  What hits you the most?  Do you thrive on kind words, gifts, companionship and time, or letters?  Do you want the recognition in front of a group or the quiet words from a friend, co-worker or boss?

There are a lot of people who live a very discouraged life and we have a beautiful opportunity each day to connect with them, to encourage them, to speak kind words into their life.  Take a moment to look for people that maybe do a thankless job, or put their lives on the line for strangers - thank them for their hard work.  Watch their eyes light up - it will likely bring tears to your own eyes.

Regardless of how people best receive encouragement, a kind word of appreciation touches everybody.  See how many people you can thank this week - but mean every word.

One More Thing...

I want to hear from you - what encourages you most? Please share your stories of how people reacted when you thanked them.

Take care, and I'm always here to pray for you or simply to connect with.

Lois Lynn

1 comment:

Kris said...

OK, am going to repost what I can remember. In my original thoughts I mentioned how hard it was to receive a good word from someone. It humbles me and makes me feel uncomfortable. However, I love to make others smile or feel good in anyway I can. I always liked Barnabas from the NT-he was the encouraging one!