Monday, April 2, 2012

21%

I have 21% battery power left on my laptop and 3 blogs to write to meet my goal.  No pressure, right?

I have joined a writing group, and it is truly a wonderful component of my life.  However, I have yet to turn in any items to be reviewed, discussed and critiqued by them.  They are why I'm sitting here with 21% remaining battery life.  I started my day with 100%, so I have indeed been busy, but I have the "pressure" of submitting something before our next deadline.

I would say it's really more of accountability than true pressure.  It doesn't impact their lives if I don't write, it impacts mine.  I respect them for checking on me to see if I am progressing and I value each one of them and my life is better for knowing them.

12% left - yikes!

Powered down at 11%, but I'm back now.

Goals, accountability, deadlines, pressure - do those words scare you or excite and empower you?  I believe we each need a balance of these to help us live a full life, along with the fun things.  I know I need that accountability and the dwindling 21% power to push me to meet my goals. Actually, it looks like I needed electricity to help meet that deadline.  Oh, how I can take power for granted. 

One More Thing...

What pressure do you feel right now? Do you have friends that push you to be your best?

Take care, and I'm always here to pray for you or simply to connect with.

Lois Lynn

No comments: