Friday, March 30, 2012

Fully Awake: Last Highlights from Wide Awake

I am still feeling motivated and encouraged by the words of Erwin McManus in his book Wide Awake, so I am here one last time with excerpts that affected me. I hope you will also be inspired.

To imagine costs you nothing. Not to imagine could cost you everything. To live a life that moves dreams into reality – that’s where the real risk comes in. Imagination is adventure without risk. Your imagination is a playground that is for more than child’s play. It is the art house where we begin to create the lives we will live. 

Do you need to rethink who you are and who you will become? Maybe you need a fresh vision or a new voice in your life telling you who you really are – the gifts and talents, intelligence, and passions, the potential, the undiscovered uniqueness waiting formant within you. The only One who knows this fully is the One who created you. The One who created you is the One who longs to awaken you.


This is what God is saying: The reason you need to be in conversation with me is that I created your imagination to be a playground where you and I can get together and I can blow your mind away. I’m going to stretch the boundaries of your dreams. Just ask me, and I will begin to share with you the dreams I have for your life and for all of humanity. You can talk to me about the small stuff, or you can listen to me, and I will let you in on what I am thinking. It’s going to be big!


Isn’t it possible that the life that your soul longs for is beyond even your imagination? Is it possible that no matter how big your dreams are, how expansive your imagination, how ambitious your goals, they pale in comparison to what you would begin to see for your life if you would invite God into your life conversation?


Wake up! Strengthen what remains. Reclaim your life. Strengthen what remains and is about to die. You can feel when your soul is dying and you are drowning in the mundane. You can barely make it through the day. You never really live – you just exist.



One More Thing...

Is it time to rethink some things? It is for me.

Take care, and I'm always here to pray for you or simply to connect with.

Lois Lynn

No comments: