Thursday, March 15, 2012

Wide Awake...or Not

I am currently reading a fantastic and challenging book: Wide Awake, by Erwin McManus.  The problem is that it is a library book so I cannot highlight all of the inspiring, challenging or thought-provoking sections.  So instead, I choose to share them with you here.  It is a fabulous book and although I am only halfway through it, I'd encourage you to read it for yourselves.

I did find it a bit ironic that the first few nights of reading a book called Awake, I could barely keep my eyes open but that wasn't because of the book.

I hope you'll enjoy the randomness of excerpts that impacted me, and I pray that you will be motivated by Erwin's writings.

"To create a different world is both a courageous act and a creative act. Life is a work of art. The canvas you paint first is your life. Then your life becomes the brush from which you paint that part of the world you touch while you are here on this planet. You are an artist. What work of art will you leave behind?"

"Whatever else we need to do to live the life of our dreams, I know this: we can't just lie there."

"Your dreams are the product of your longings, a portrait of your potential, and a promise of your future."

"Your dreams are God's way of whispering into your soul, There's more to you than you know. There's more available to you than you can imagine. There's an extraordinary life awaiting you if you would trust me."

"If your career path doesn't seem to match your heart's longing, it may be you have a skill that doesn't match your passion."

"You know there is so much more you have to offer, though you don't say it out loud."

"Life is not a color in the lines project; life is a work of art...you must be willing to get paint all over you."

I hope you feel a bit encouraged to dream and to stretch yourself.  Have a fun and colorful week!

One More Thing...

I'd love to hear from you if one of these quotes resonated with you.

Take care, and I'm always here to pray for you or simply to connect with.

Lois Lynn