Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Four Little Words

This morning as I casually began my day, minding my own business, I was sideswiped.  No, not by another vehicle, but by my e-mail!  I am signed up for Groupon so I wake daily to a list of messages with the day's special deals.  But today, today is a day I will not quickly forget.

Today I was greeted by four little words - Weight Loss Hot Pants - and there was a picture accompanying the ad.

I was stunned, I was shocked, I was briefly intrigued, I was cracking up!  All day long I kept having visions of various people and body types trying this item.  I wanted to take all of my friends and have them try them on, but I knew we'd never stop laughing.  I was also afraid we'd have to buy them because we wouldn't be able to get them off.

I could picture Ellen Degeneres doing a stand-up bit on these shorts!  For some reason, this cracked me up all day.

Now, if you own a pair of these - all power and courage to you.  I applaud you; I am not laughing at you.  I am laughing at the thought of me wearing them.

To begin with, the model wearing them doesn't need them - that didn't surprise me.  I kept thinking, probably anybody that COULD wear them, wouldn't need them.

Those that need them, would probably never be able to get them on.  Then I debated with myself - what would make them contribute to weight loss?  If an overweight person did indeed get into them - would they work? 
Was it the infrared technology that makes them work?  Maybe.  Personally, I believe it would take a week or two of not eating before you could take them off.  So, OF COURSE, THEY WOULD WORK...EVENTUALLY.


There is one thing that has me concerned...do you only lose weight where they are compressing your body?  That would make for some very interesting body shapes!

So, the question is...would you try them?  If you've tried them, do they work?  Do you fear they would get stuck on you also?  

One More Thing...

Just for fun this time...what's the wildest thing you've done to try to lose or gain weight?

Take care, and I'm always here to pray for you or simply to connect with.

Lois Lynn

3 comments:

Tina said...

Those were in my groupon this morning and I thought, "What?!?!?" I didn't even click on it to see how it worked because like you I thought, "I am never wearing those!"

Kris said...

there is a VERY very old cartoon from Warner Brothers (I think) and in it this dumpy couple visits a fair. One of the things to do is this body sculpting area. The couple pop into these forms and come out lovely shaped. These 'short's reminded me of them! Also, wondered if these shorts were those popular Spanks that are all over the web now. (lady made millions on them in just a short time. Kinda like a girdle, but not exactly).

Lois Lynn said...

Hey Kris, can you imagine if that really existed? Americans love their shortcuts! Spanx is a different thing and seems very respected; you' right - more of a new girdle item. These don't squish you, they promise you'll lose weight!

Tina - I KNOW. I kept laughing about them all day.